I know it has been awhile since my last entry and I have been told by a dear friend of mine that if I am going to do this blog, I need to do it and quite being so sporadic. She continued to tell me that I do a good job, I just need to be more consistent. As you all know, I only had a smartphone for a while and was homeless, making posting difficult. Now I have a keyboard and tablet so now we can do what I have been wanting to do for a while and that is make this a weekly blog. Without farther interruption, here we go.
" I am a trans woman. My sisters are trans women. We are not secrets. We are not shameful. We are worthy of respect, desire, and love. As there are many kinds of women, there are many kinds of men, and many men desire many kinds of women, trans women are amongst these women. And let’s be clear: Trans women are women." ~Janet Mock, author of Redefining Realness
There has been so much going on since I last posted. I am off the streets and in my own place, I had a job that I got laid off from, and I figured out what I want to do as for my career. Change is good and one must realize that change and growth both come from focusing and getting to know yourself. Part of that means getting to know your self worth. This is what I have been doing during my absence.
When I seen the quote from Janet Mock, I knew it had became my favorite quote because it makes women like me take back our power as the Goddesses we are and shows the world that we are just like any other woman and deserve to be treated as such. The more I focus on myself the more I realize that I deserve more than having a guy tell me they want to party with me at my place or the first thing that comes out of their mouth is asking me what I like to do sexually. In the last few months though, since I have decided to do things differently then I have done in the past, I have met men that like me because they see me as a woman.
I may not be ready to be in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship yet, but I do know that I am worthy of going on dates and hanging out with guy friends. I also deserve the respect of other women as well. Not just me but all women of transgender experience, especially when it comes to pageants, and other social events. We need to stop with the Bulling, the secrecy, and the prejudges that consume us when we do not understand something. We should educate ourselves and if that means changing our believes and value so be it. Sometimes hanging on to old believes and values can be dangerous and not allow us to grow.
Belief + Value = Behavior
I had someone tell me that this is considered a life equation. I can see how it is true and can fit it into many aspects of m life. For instance, at one time I believed you had to live a certain way to have a happy life. As a result, I had low self esteem. So my behavior became reckless. I started using drugs, became very sexual, and got into relationships with the guys whose only ambitions was to get high on drugs.
One of the things I had to do was change my belief. Now I believe I do not need to live a certain way to have a happy life as long as I am not hurting anyone or anything. So now, I place a high value on myself and this means that I consider myself a someone who is important even if it is just to me. As a result, I am in recovery, taking my hormones, as prescribed by a doctor, being responsible, and surrounding my self with better people as well as hang out with guys that are about getting themselves together. I may not be ready to be anyone's girlfriend are wife just yet but I am well on my way.
Perhaps if more society took this equation into consideration, change would happen in this world. However, to the readers of this blog, it can start with you. To the women of transgender experience, remember what Janet Mock said, we are worthy of respect, desire, and love. Don't be a secret anymore.
Until next time....Be Blessed and Be Safe
Keep up the positive movement and good energy! So glad to see you doing well. I hope you continue this blog, maybe do a weekly post now that you are more settled?
ReplyDeleteYes, I will be posting every Monday now that I am more settled. Thanks for the comment.
ReplyDeleteGood thoughts.
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad things are turning around for you.
Great blog, it's inspiring. Not only to women who are if transgendered experience, but to all women.
ReplyDeleteI am noticing the blog has took on a mind of it's on and is starting to go a new direction. I am loving it actually. Could it be because of my personal growth? We can discuss things like this on my new Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/latslife
ReplyDelete