"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials."
Are you facing some of the biggest hurdles that you have ever had to face in your life right now Do you feel as though the weight of the world is on your shoulders, and do you wish that this would just all go away? Don't! These huge hurdles are in front of you to prevent you from receiving your biggest victories.
When we go through mountainous trials and tribulations, we do so because we are very close to achieving something great. Sometimes doors are closed before you so that you are forced to stretch out of your comfort zone, and challenge yourself to reach new heights that you would not have otherwise reached for.
Your trials are there to perfect you, and to shape and polish you. If you never endure any friction then you will never reach far enough to grab the true potential you have inside of you.
As you can see by now, I felt the need for a post. I am sure I have needed to for a while, however, I was not in the right mindset to do so. Since my last few posts, things have been falling into place. I got a job, got back on hormones, and I even moved out of the program I was in.
Not only have I done that, I got to remember who I was and got to really know myself including my likes and dislikes. I have also started seeing my career path develop. Not to mention I am working on weeding out the negative in my life and surround myself and see the positive in everyday life.
As I set back and reflect on these things I realize that I would not have gotten to this point if I hadn't been homeless, addicted to drugs when I was younger, or had to face the discrimination from others. This is when I looked for this quote from an unknown author and the commentary after words. I world change the word "man"to "men and women" if it was up to me though.
Because I went through my mountainous trials and tribulations, I can be thankful of the little things I see day to day. A lady feeding the pigeons for instance, or a woman walking around in an area where a large portion of the homeless population hang out, with a basket to hand out food.
Because of these trials and tribulations, I can honestly say I have grown and I know that I want to give back to the communities that have helped me grow and learn. I pray I don't ever forget where I came from because your past does make you who you are. Even if you don't realize it. It has made me a strong woman and for that I am thankful.
Until next time be blessed and safe. Remember when things seem dark, find something to be thankful for. Even if it seems small.
No comments:
Post a Comment