Monday, April 21, 2014

The Power Of "No"

For the last few weeks I have had many ideas for a topic but I have realized during this time that the hardest word for many of us to hear or say is the word "NO".  I have in the past have had the hardest time saying this because I didn't want to be a bad person and wanting to be liked.  Now though, I realize that saying "NO" is sometimes necessary when it comes to our spiritual, mental, and physical growth.  Hearing the word "NO" can be just as important as saying it.

When I was growing up if I heard the word "NO", I would get upset and throw a tantrum.  I am sure many have and when I see children get told this word by their parents or any other figure with authority, I have seen the same reaction.  Now that I am older I realize that this word was told not to punish us, but because to keep us from getting or doing something we didn't need to do or to protect us.  If we listen to our inner selves when we are about to get into a situation not good for us, we will hear that same word, "NO".  You will see that even though we feel this is a negative response, it does not have to be.

The same goes when we say this as well.  As I mentioned, this is one word that has always been hard for me to say.  Because of this, I have been used, abused, and took advantage of.  No matter what happened, I refused to see the word as anything that could help me and continued to get harmed.  Since I have been working on getting to know myself I have realized that saying the word "NO" gives you strength.  It sets boundaries even.  If something does not feel right, this is your way out.  The great thing is, you don't even have to give an explanation.

Since I have learned this, "NO" has been getting easier for me to say.  I have had to use this word a few times and I encourage you my readers to do the same.  Listen to the inner voice the next time you are in a situation that does not feel right.  Don't be afraid to say "NO" as well, especially in a unhealthy relationship.  This word can save you from a lot of problems down the line if used in the right context.  Remember "NO" can be a positive word and it does have power.  Because of this, in return you gain power.

Until next time....Stay Safe and Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment