Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Being Who We Are

I know it has been a few weeks since my last entry and I have had a lot of things on my mine.  Last week I went to a support group where a question was given to us to think about and give the answer tomorrow.  Even though the question called for me to define a woman, I decided to think upon that and perhaps even go deeper.

When we are born we are pronounced a certain gender because of what is between our legs.  But nature has shown us that it is not black or white.  I have known a few men and women who where born with both.  I have seen male dogs with nipples that should only be seen on females.  So the question is, does what is between a persons legs make the gender?  If so what would we consider those born with both?

I have also heard that being able to bare children makes a woman who she is.  How is this true if there are so many woman out there that can not have children for what ever reason?  Does this mean that a woman who cannot bare children is not a woman and because of this cannot be a mother?  Men have lost out on relationships with me because of this very fact.

When will we realize that sometimes closing the door on someone's happiness is not hurting that person as much as it is hurting us as human beings.  In my opinion, it does not matter what a person has between his or her legs.  After much research and experiencing different types of individuals, I have realized that it is how a person feels and identifies as.  It can even go as far as how they present themselves.

I type this blog to get to you to think about this next time you are out running errands, or what have you.  If you see a girl wearing a dress that is transgender, I challenge you to go up to her and talk to her.  Give her some encouragement.  I ask for you to be respectful.  We as society need to quit overthinking things.  Especially when it comes to transgender women and men.  I am just like any other woman.  I may not can have children but I can adopt.  It is time to show that it is ok to be who we are.

Until next time....Stay safe and Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment