The last three posts have been self healing posts and I have made a lot of progress I feel. I have also came to the realization now that the waves of feelings have receded, that out of all the relationships that I have had, I have yet to have a relationship with myself or a strong one with my spiritual path. The strange thing is, the older I get the more I realize how important my spiritual journey is to me and how it is important in my life. I will discuss more about that later though. Right now, I will talk more about me developing a relationship with myself and within myself.
I feel having a relationship with your self is the most important thing for anyone's life. How can I truly know and love myself if I don't have a strong relationship with myself? That may be why it was so easy to give others power over me and losing focus on what is important in my life. So, in the last few weeks, I have been doing that. I got my nails and eyebrows done and have been self nurturing myself. As a result, not only am I looking better, I am feeling better about myself as well.
I have also realized just how true my statement of me being a girly girl is. I love looking nice. Not for anyone else but for myself and I am not cheap. I am not saying I am going to go out and spend thousands of dollars on a purse, shoes or a dress, but I will go out and spend fifty dollars on such things. I like to look fashionable. Again, not for anyone else but for myself. I am not saying I am materialistic. I am far from that. What I am saying that if I look good then I feel good and have a positive outlook. In return, I attract positive attitudes and energies around me.
I am looking forward to this relationship I am developing with myself. I will learn to treat myself like I want to be treated and in return when I do start any kind a relationship, even friendship, they will be able to see that I should be treated with respect and encouragement and not treat me like I am a piece of gum on their shoe or a sex object. One thing I am learning is I am very hard on myself and that is something that I should not be. We all not perfect all the time and I can't expect myself to be. I can't get mad at myself if I make a mistake. Most of all, I am learning to respect and love myself. That means I am going to take care of me and my body. I have to have boundaries and if a person shows me attention, I don't have to do anything that will make me feel bad about myself.
Another thing I am learning is what is important in my life. I see some of the things I use to see as important still that. For instance, what I want to do for a career and that is working in the transgender community; being a transgender advocate and a resource for the transgender community. There are other things I am finding important that I didn't realize before even though it reared it's head every now and then. One such thing is having a relationship and closeness with my family and friends, however this is another reason why a relationship with myself is important.
As I mentioned before I am noticing the importance of my spiritual journey. I don't speak much about my spiritual believes. Not because some may condemn me but because I feel like parts of it, like my transitional journey is personal. I know I do write a lot about my transitional journey but there are some things out of respect should not be asked even if one is curious to know the answer.
I guess this is what led me to have a talk with my ex. I had a long talk saying that there are times we say things we can't take back. For this reason I could not trust him enough to get back with him.I told him even though we couldn't back together we can work on being friends. He needs to respect me and see me as the beautiful woman he did when he first met me and for the most part needs to focus on himself as I am doing the same. He respected that and said that he would like being my friend as long as I was a part of his life even though he knows that if he disrespects me one time, I will have no choice but to distance myself from him.
So to you my dear readers, I am learning it does get better and there is healing after the pain. We must first acknowledge the feelings we are going through when we are down, make a decision to change what is giving us problems and work on what we need to work on to feel better. Most of the time, if we look closely we may realize that we don't have a healthy relationship with ourselves and one thing I have learned is we attract what we put out. To me this means if we are in an unhealthy or don't have a relationship with ourselves, then we get into unhealthy relationships. A dear friend told me recently that if you don't know how to treat yourself, then how can you expect anyone else to know how to treat you? This is something to think about until the next blog entry.
Until next time....Stay Safe and Be Blessed
No comments:
Post a Comment