Every so often I like to search the web for quotes that I can relate to when I do a blog entry. Today I found the perfect one because sometimes we need to read quotes to remind us that things are going to be alright. One such quote is from Demi Lovato, an American actress, singer, and songwriter who made her debut as a child actress in Barney.
"No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things."
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_positive.html#x587MQobJfBrUwpJ.99)
I am noticing that I am still having rough times with my ex and I not being together. At one point and time, I was hurting so bad that I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, now I see it but it seems to be taking forever to get to. As I read this quote, I truly can relate to what it says.
As I work on myself and the relationship with myself, this quote gives me hope because working on myself is really hard at times. Sometimes, I become close to losing focus and wonder if I can do it at all.
However, I bring myself back to being focused and remind myself that I am doing the right thing by staying focused and working on myself. Last week, I even started thinking about trust. I thought about it so much that when I went to my therapist appointment after last weeks blog entry, I discussed it with her. She brought up an interesting observation. She said that it didn't sound like I have a problem with trust, but I have issues recognizing when the trust has been violated.
Again this quote gives me hope because it reminds me that this, like all the other times I could not seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I can get to it once more. I am moving towards that "light at the end of the tunnel". I have faith that I will reach it if I just keep doing what I am doing and that is focusing on myself on all levels.
This is a good reminder for everyone I feel. We all have those moments. I especially did before my transition, when I was getting off drugs, when I was homeless, when I didn't have an income, and even with my relationship ending. I have seen articles of transgender women who could not see the light at the end of the tunnel and they took their life. I only wish they read this quote and reached out to those of us that are transgender.
So my challenge for the week my dear readers is to think about this quote and what it means to you. Are you at your darkest hour where it seems as if no matter how hard you try you can not get to the light that you see? I believe that you can reach out if you need to. I know I have. I have a couple of friends that are probably tired of hearing my struggle. We do get through the darkest hour, we do get to the light at the end of the tunnel, and it does get better.
Until next time. Stay Safe and Be Blessed
I'm glad it got better for you.
ReplyDeleteThe quote means something terrible to me. Please don't use it to blame me for what's being done to me.
Not everyone might be able to relate to the quote and please don't feel as if I am using anything to blame anyone. It was fitting for me because I just ended a relationship. I know life can be hard. Just keep your head up, stay strong, and stay positive. I have to tell myself these things often.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nadia for your comment. Many blessings your way.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete